Just a very few examples of the many success stories of our clients …… *
Buy to let
• A woman in her early forties invested her savings in a two bed executive flat, in a very popular area of West Lothian, with the intention of the flat providing a pension for her at a later stage. She now has eight properties all enjoying high occupancy rates with minimum voids.
• A young man at the age of 20 bought his first buy-to-let property (encouraged by his parents aptitude for scouting out land, building a property, living in it for a year or so, then selling for a good profit). He decided that money was definitely "in brick" and now has three buy to let properties.
• A couple purchased a small inexpensive flat as a “toe in the water” exercise. Encouraged by their success, they purchased more properties and now have a portfolio valued at £1.3 million, producing a healthy monthly profit with minimum voids.
• A husband and wife team of business people, who spent long hours on the seasonal nature of their work, realised that the time was right to sell the business. They ploughed the profits into eight properties and now spend their "retirement" travelling around, scouting out more properties to buy.
Property owner unable to sell
• We quickly found a tenant for a Broxburn property owner who had been trying to sell through an estate agent for many months. Without a buyer emerging. That landlord receives rent of £550 every month, without losing the option to sell at a later date. There are many other examples of property owners coming to us as a result of difficulties in selling.
• A major PLC client of 20 years standing rang us to say that they had been asked to manage 196 properties in four locations by a High Street Bank, following re-possession from a property company. The immediate need was to assess the works required on selected properties, mostly for the student market, and let properties in Edinburgh which were with other agents.
This was a project carried out in partnership with our sister company, Property Extra, with whom we offer a virtually unique combination of services from initial refurbishment and repair of property to letting, and then on to comprehensive management throughout the tenancies.
We initially refurbished and repaired 17 properties at the various locations and found tenants for 31 of the properties, 84% of the number allocated to all agents.
Subsequently we were also asked to refurbish and repair a further 82 properties, and organise the move out of existing student tenants together with the move in of new tenants in time for the new University term. This involved the whole process from dilapidations assessments prior to exit, the writing of exit reports, refurbishments, inventory preparation and move ins as well as associated paperwork.
These properties were in a variety of conditions. One run down property had been on the market with another agent for 6 months. We carried out minimal refurbishment together with painting, replacement of flooring and cosmetic furnishing, and the property was let within 3 days of completion.
This project was completed on time, with all 99 refurbished properties occupied and over 396 student tenants settled in for their University studies.
The bank wanted to sell some of the properties. In one of them we refurbished a badly converted 5 bedroom flat back to 4 beds and prepared it for the sales market through repair and refurbishment. This resulted in the property being sold for £5000 over the asking price within a short time of it returning to the sales market.
* Reproduced with their approval and agreement